Monday, November 23, 2009

Giving Thanks (a bit early)

This week at Die Cuts R Us we are taking a break from the usual and there will not be a challenge.  Instead the Design Team will be posting what they are thankful for this holiday.  So stop by the blog and see what everyone has to say!

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, I would like to invite you to join me in giving thanks. Please leave a comment and let me know what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving!  And if you are not in the States celebrating Thanksgiving, feel free to leave a comment as to what you are thankful for today.

This holiday, I am thankful to God who has truly blessed me.  My husband and I just celebrated 16 incredible years married and the best is yet to be.  I'm blessed with two miracles-my boys, a wonderful family, kind and loving friends, and every morning, a brand new day.  Some are aware of my health issue and despite that, I'm thankful because at present I am able to enjoy life and those I love. 

Here's a photo of my "Dear Ones" (couldn't resist with the deer paper!!) and I used the QuicKutz Accordian Book from the Die Cuts R Us store.  I added a number of little photos of those dear to my heart!  Don't you just love mini books?! 






Hop over to the Die Cuts R Us Design Team blog every day this week to see what the Design Team is thankful for and what they created with their Accordian Books. Wishing you joy this week, sincerest thanks for your friendship and for stopping by!!

9 comments:

Yvette said...

It's never too early to start giving thanks! We all have so much to be thankful for. Your post was beautiful and your layout gorgeous! TFS!

Ps.. I have something for you on my blog. :)

Michele Mallory-Davidson said...

LOVE your mini book!
Hmm...I have a lot to be thankful for:
17 years with my AWESOME husband
2 GREAT healthy daughters
and all of you lovely etsy peeps I have come to know!
~Michele from By Your Side

Michele Mallory-Davidson said...

Don't know why I didn't have it before, but I am grabbing your button to put on my blog!
~Michele from By Your Side

Terri said...

Nice job on your projects. I am always most thankful for my family too. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog as well. So glad to hear you liked the gift I made for my niece. Thanks for telling me about the challenge.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is just darling, Cara! LOVEd your post here and at DCRU...so awesome! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

1CardCreator said...

Love your post Cara, and your mini album is adorable, just like your boys! Happy Thanksgiving. ~Diane

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Cara,lovely sweet post. Enjoyed reading about your thankful items and viewing your mini book.

Although my life has incredibly flip-flopped and change, and I am now single and starting life all over, I am thankful for my job, my car, a roof over my head and a place to sleep. Oh and my puppy. We made it here to our new home with just what would fit in my car. But, we are alive and kicking, and that's what matters.

Sure, life is hard. There are fears and anxieties....questions about the future...major health issues, but I am thankful for what I have. And maye...just maybe, santa will still come and leave me a package this holiday season.

Hugs!

Jacilynn said...

wow, amazing! LOVE YOUR PROJECT!

Anonymous said...

great job cara! you really did incredible with our dt challenge :)

xoxo
sarabeth