Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11


Ten years ago today while planes were hitting the World Trade Center in NYC I was out with my 17 month old son on our morning walk.  It was a beautiful September day, the sky was clear in NJ and we were happily walking along singing silly songs and enjoying life.  With nothing to do and all day to do it, we had stopped along the way to watch large trees in our neighborhood being trimmed.  With each heavy branch that hit the ground with a boom, my son would burst into a fit of giggles every time.   We were so happy that day.  His smiling face watching those tree limbs fall is something I'll never forget.  He was so little, so innocent and so sweet to find joy in just being that day.  Little did I know how life would change when we got home and turned on the TV...

Heartfelt love and sympathy goes out to all the victims, heroes, survivors and their families.  My wish for those affected by 9/11 is happiness and serenity. 
God bless.

2 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

VERY beautiful post, Cara. So sad. Hugs.

Handmade in Israel said...

An amazing anecdote. What incredible memories of a terrible day...