Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cutting Tortillas with the Cricut Cake

Did you know you can even cut tortillas with the Cricut Cake?  So easy!  I added a thin layer of shortening (I used Crisco) to my mat and placed the tortilla on top.  My first cut was not a good one and the tortilla ripped.  I placed the tortilla in the freezer for about 30 minutes and out came a frozen one.  However, by the time I actually prepped the mat, selected my cuts and then got the tortilla on the mat, it was defrosted.  I selected a 3" heart and there was no problem in cutting the tortilla. 
The first cut wasn't good because I hadn't placed the blade far enough from the edge prior to cutting.  Just a hint, remember to move your blade in AND down 1/4" up to 1/2" prior to cutting to avoid tearing your edible material. 

In case you're wondering what you could to with small tortilla shapes, you could layer cut cheese and lunchmeat on top, add flavored cream cheese, top with some diced veggies, be creative with your food and have fun.  Or you can just eat it as is.  Yum, yum.  Note:  mega blocks (on the table) are a must have when you have a young assistant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm definitely putting this one on my list of "need it now" lol...have a great weekend!

xoxo
sarabeth

Sheri Gilson said...

How fun!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW!! Very cool!