Friday, December 11, 2009

Featured Etsy Artist Maria of Travels



This week's featured Etsy artist is Maria of Travels.  In Maria's shop announcement, she states "from home to work, from park to party...life is a journey, not a destination ~ so have fun and look pretty while you're traveling."  Sounds good to me!  Maria is very new to Etsy and loving it so far.  She has handmade earrings, bracelets, unisex items and necklaces.  Some of her jewelry includes upcycled pieces.  Check out these Blue Hoops earrings made from a vintage necklace...so clever!



1. Tell us about you ~ your name, location, hobbies and interests. Where do you sell your handmade items?


I'm 24 year old student. I study cultural anthropology in Estonia and just love to travel (you probably guessed it already, lol)! I also make jewelry, mostly earrings, since I wear them so much.  I sell on Etsy and my shop name is Travels.


I have cute little crafting corner in my bedroom and I just love to sit and meditate with great music and create! It's like an addiction, where ever I am, I dream about my little corner (and vice versa)- above all, I'm just trying to find my place in this crazy, crazy world.

2. Tell us about your art and how you got your start selling your handmade items on Etsy?

I've been making jewelry since I was kid, usually for myself and for my friends. Now I discovered Etsy and it's a great opportunity to sell and show my creations!




3. What inspires your jewelry?

I find inspiration everywhere! Discovery Channel has the most inspiring programs, for example.


4. What is your own favorite design and why?
My own favorite (one of them) Fuscia Bracelet



I worked really hard and I'm really proud I made it!  (Update...that pretty bracelet has been sold!!)

Another favorite is this one of a kind bracelet:
 


5. Do you have any favorite Etsy artists?

I love Etsy, so many talented people!! One of my favorite shops is Katwise, operated by a really gifted girl with adorable creations! I hope that one day I can afford to buy one of those sweaters!!


6. Do you have anything else you'd like to share?

I'm new at selling. Hopefully, one day you can find my creations at craft fairs and shops.



Many thanks to Maria for sharing her talents with us!  Currently, she's offering free worldwide shipping and a free Christmas gift so check out her Etsy shop, Travels, and see what you can look pretty in while traveling!

2 comments:

M.M.E. said...

What a wonderful artist! You have a great blog. I'm so glad I found it.

Kathie said...

Great blog, and so nice of you to promote the artists of Etsy. Speaking of which...I can see why Maria sold that bracelet, it was beautiful! I'm sure she can look forward to many more sales.
Kathie