Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Challenge: Create an Earth Friendly Project for Die Cuts R Us

Hi, everyone! Welcome to my new friends! Hope you'll enjoy your time here and I look forward to reading your posts as well. And a shout out to my old friends, too!!

At the Die Cuts R Us blog, Claudia the store owner, usually posts funny kid sayings weekly. I thought I'd share this one. I picked up my preschooler yesterday after school. It was picture day so I asked him how it went. He said "I put on my maddest face" but Sister said it was ok. Oh my...can't wait to see THAT photo.

This week's challenge at the DCRU DT blog is about being "friendly", earth friendly that is and you can interpret that anyway you like. Some of the DT members used recycled materials on their projects, some not, but we all used the gorgeous paper "Earth Love" from Cosmo Cricut. Don't you just love it?! And birdies, my fav! I did this scrapbook layout in memory of the boys volunteer effort for "National Public Lands Day." This is their 3rd year participating. The guys cleaned up Catfish Island at Valley Forge National Historical Park in Pennsylvania and had a blast! I was stuck at home with a killer migraine. Next year I'll join them.

NOVEMBER 13, 2009 THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

>

Recipe:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Earth Love from DCRU
Marker: Stampin' Up
Ribbon: Unknown scrap recycled from another project
Jewels: K&Co.

Are you thinking earthy? Friendly? You don't have to use the Earth Love paper but if you have it, we'd love to see what you create! Remember to post your link on the DCRU DT blog and you have until Saturday at 12 midnight EST to enter this week's challenge.

4 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

oh no! LOL I hope the pics turn out ok! That is too funny though! LOVE your project for this week's challenge-it was a great one wasn't it? Hope you have a great day, Cara!

Yvette said...

Uh oh! Sounds like that will be one of those pictures that may haunt him for the rest of his life. ;)

Your project turned out really cute Cara! Cute pics too!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

LOL! I hope that we get to see that pic too! ;)
My boys had their pics done last Saturday at Sears Studio - my 5yo only smiled for 2 pics and then he said he was too tired and didn't have any smiles left! I couldn't even bribe him! LOL!
I love your layout! Such a fun one!
Have a wonderful week :*)
~ margie

Kristen H said...

Here it is, the free Digi-Tom!
Thanks for coming by and checking it out. I hope you like it! Have a great day! Have fun with him, and if you want, let others know about the free image, thanks!
Great photos! I love this page, and you really pieced everything together wonderfully!