Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter's on it's way...

Oh the start of spring break has begun for one of my boys. Hard to believe since it's been so chilly. Summer is just around the bend.

My Etsy favorites today include Psyanky from a variety of artists on Etsy. Click on the egg you like and you'll be taken directly to their shop. I was going to post it Friday but in choosing my favorites yesterday I hadn't realized they were already appearing on the blog. Oops!

For those who don't know about Psyanky, it is a Ukrainian Easter egg decorated using a wax resist method. The designs aren't painted on but written in beeswax. All the egg yolk is blown out so that you're working with a hollow egg. Many other Eastern European groups decorate eggs in a similar manner for Easter. It's a long process I have enjoyed making with family members over the years. Wishing you all a Blessed Easter! And peace and joy to my Jewish friends who are celebrating Passover.

No comments: